Wedding 101 – Some Tips To Consider
Here are some pointers to keep in mind when designing your wedding cake:
- Consider the opinions of the designers – when you go to the first meet-up with your patissier, it is normal to go armed with ideas, designs and tons of pictures downloaded from the internet. After all, it is best to go prepared right? But remember that no matter what grand idea you may have for your cake, the one who ultimately makes the cake is the patissier – and not you. They are professionals, and they certainly want to make the best cakes in Melbourne they can. If they tell you something is not doable, there is probably a good reason why – it might melt, or it might not hold up well. Similarly, if they suggest something, it is only because they want the cake to look better. Make sure to consider their opinions when deciding the cake.
- Experiment with flavours – when it comes to cake, the flavours that often recur are butter cakes, vanilla cakes and chocolate cakes. But there is no reason why you should have your wedding cake with only these standard flavours (unless you are a fan of these flavours, of course!). Patissiers often recommend experimenting with flavours – especially wacky and unorthodox flavours that the couple seems to enjoy. If you feel the idea is too avant-garde, you can always limit the different flavour to an upper layer of the cake; after all, most people only get one chance at ordering a custom wedding cake!
- Don’t forget the budget – keeping the above points in mind, make sure that you do not get carried away so much as to forget your budget! If your budget is quite tight, you might want to skip overly tall and ornate cakes – and stick to simpler designs. Know that certain decorations are more expensive than others – sometimes, the smaller decorations can cost more than the larger icing decorations!
- It does not have to be cake – you can turn a cupcake delivery Melbourne into something that rivals a wedding cake – your patissier is bound to know how to do that. There is no rule saying that a cake is a must for a wedding – the trends today are to go with whatever feels best for you. If you have a penchant for doughnuts, macarons, or any other type of food (and tend to not like cake much), then, there is definitely a way to turn your favourite snacks into a pseudo-cake.
- You do not have to please your guests – and lastly, remember that this is your wedding. You can go with any flavour, colour, theme and design that you and your partner want; you do not have to please your guests (it will definitely be impossible to please all of your guests anyway).